Thursday, January 24, 2013

ABC's of Me!

A little fun for you today! I found this on Tangled Up In Sticks and Strings blog, and had to borrow the idea. Feel free to play along if you like! :)

ABC's of Me!
A - Age: 36

B - Bed Size: Queen

C - Chore You Hate: I don't actually "hate" chores, I just never have time to do them all. I guess cleaning toilets is my least favorite chore...especially with a young boy in the house. :)

D - Dogs Name: We don't have one at the moment. Down the road, when our schedules are a little more settled. Plus the two cats wouldn't like a dog in the house. The last dog I had was named Toby, a yellow Lab that I miss dearly.

E - Essential Start of the Day Item: Hairbrush...seriously, you don't want to see my hair in the morning if it hasn't been brushed.

F - Favorite Colour: I'd say red, but followed VERY closely by blue. They are really interchangable to me.

G - Gold or Silver: Both

H - Height: 5' 6"

I - Instruments you play: Cello, though I haven't played in years. I can get a sound out of my didgeridoo, but I doubt anyone would call it music. :)

J - Job: My tax paying job is at a museum, which I love. My other full time job is as a mom & wife.

K - Kids: 1 son and 1 daughter (I usually count my husband too, but for this purpose I won't)

L - Living Arrangements: A quirky 1920's bungalow. We're only the 2nd owners of the house, which is interesting when it comes to updates. Friends say our house has "Character"...hmmmm. :)

M - Music You Love: Its easier to say what I dislike (Hard rock & Metal, Rap, Jazz are top of the list). It really depends on the song I guess.

N - Nicknames: Mel is most common...my mom used to call me Mimi, and mean kids called me Melmack for a while in grade school.

O - Overnight Hospital Stay: Four - obviously when I had each of my children, and then I stayed with my son for a week when he had a stomach virus and nearly a week with my daughter when she had surgery a year ago to correct a defect with her bladder causing urine to reflux to her kidney. Hospital stays are awful...you're more exhausted when you leave than when you first went in.

P - Pet Peeve: Chewing with your mouth open. Ugh, that literally makes my skin crawl, especially when the food is sloshing aroung in the mouth like a washing machine on the heavy duty cycle.

Q - Quote from a Movie: Hmmm...pretty much anything from "The Princess Bride". Inconcievable!

R - Right handed or Left: Right handed

S - Siblings: 1 brother

T - Time you wake up: Usually between 7 and 8am...for some reason, I usually can't function before 7am.

U - Underwear: Yes, please.

V - Vegetables you dislike: Brussel sprouts and cabbage. ick.

W - Workout Style: Swimming, pilates. Gotta get back into it.

X - X-Rays You've Had: A few on my back. I have continuing problems with my back and probably always will.

Y - Yummy Food You Make: I' d like to think it's all good! But my family usually lights up when I make salmon or pot roast.

Z - The Best Place to Visit - Berlin, Germany. My grandmother lives there, and though I haven't been there in far too long, it will always be one of my favorite places on earth.

2 comments:

  1. Very fun to learn all of this about you, I love this post.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL...I love The Princess Bride! Great list of great info about you, Melanie! Thanks for sharing!...Nancy :o)

    ReplyDelete