Friday, February 10, 2012

Copic coloring in gray tones

So tonight I cooked 18lbs of penne pasta. Yes, 18 pounds. Big D's school is having  a family Valentines Dinner & Dance tomorrow and so the members of the PTO have been prepping the food. I think I've seen enough penne for a while!

But in between batches of penne, I sat down and did a bit of Copic coloring. I wanted to practise some monochromatic coloring, which I rarely do. It's a fun challenge!



The stamp is from Sweet Pea Stamps, and is called One and Only Heart by chin chou kuik. I am loving the faces that this designer creates! I used my cool gray Copics (C1, C3, C5, C7 and C9) as well as a touch of B60. I wish the shading on her skin showed up better in the photo, but I took the picture after midnight so the lighting isn't the best. I'll try to upload a brighter picture soon.

I then layered it on designer paper from the Immortal Love matstack by DCWV. I've had it in my stash for a while and really have struggled to find ways to use it so I was happy to have an opportunity now. I kept it very simple because I didn't want to distract from the image or the paper. I'm sure I'll find a friend who is a Twilight fan that I can send it to. :)

I have a color version of this image as well, but I need to mount it to a card base. As soon as I do I will post a photo. For now I need to pack up the pounds of pasta and finally head to bed. Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment