Sunday, February 19, 2012

Listen to Your Heart card


Here is the color version of the "One and Only Heart" image by Sweet Pea Stamps that I used in this card. I added quite a bit of purple (B60) to her hair and used the same color for the dress. I really love the expressiveness of her face and hope to get a lot of use out of the stamp.

The card is layered onto more of the Immortal Love matstack from DCWV. "Twilight-y", yes, but it had a bit of the quietness I was hoping for in this card. I love that the neutral background lets the touches of red pop. The sentiment is from a Tim Holtz set that I bought at Michaels. I really think that this sentiment says it all: "Listen to Your Heart"...how many of us go through life wishing they had done that? I know there have been moments in my life I wish I had done that instead of listening to my head. :) 
Otherwise the week has been pretty busy...we're in the middle of hiring season so my time at work has been filled with interviews. My daughter's birthday is in a week so we've been working on getting that organized. We planned to have her party on Saturday but it turns out that there are a lot of family conflicts that day so we're moving it to Sunday, which also happens to be Oscar night. We host a party on that night as well. If I thought we were nuts to have 2 parties in 2 days, I should be committed for thinking we should have 2 parties in 1 day. Oh boy. :)

Hope everyone is having a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment