Friday, September 16, 2011

Mini album


Last week I worked on a project that I hoped to submit for an iamroses.com open Design Team call. I was ready to submit it and then realized I had missed the deadline, because I was an idiot and misunderstood that 9/12 midnight wasn't the end of the day on 9/12. Duh! Oh well, I guess it's just a sign that it wasn't meant to be at this time. :)
But I wanted to share the project I made. It's an accordian mini album held inside an old Stampin Up tin that I have been hoarding for a while. I used white cardstock to build the base and layered the cardstock with patterned paper from the Butterfly Garden collection by Pink Paislee. It's such a soft, romantic collection.
The inside is very simple at the moment. Until I add the photos, at which point I'll finsih with embellishments. They will need to be mostly 2 dimensional since the tin will still need to be able to close.
The cover is decorated with a few I Am Roses blossoms. I only have white flowers so I used some Glimmer Mist to add a bit of color. Since they are made from mulberry paper they absorb color very easily. I then used some gold paint on the tips of the blossoms for a little more sparkle. The skeleton leaves were dyed with a mixture of Glimmer Mists and Starburst Sprays to an olive green color. They shimmer so beautifully! I had a silver butterfly charm that I changed to a copper color using alcohol inks and added a Tim Holtz Adage Ticket that was edged using Distress Inks.
I hope you enjoy this project! Stay tuned for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment