I finally had a chance to sit at my craft table for a bit and work on a card. Things have just been so busy lately that I haven't had a moment to catch my breath. It felt great to be creative again...I have been sorely missing that. I stalk YouTube regularly, keep some cardmaking/scrapbook magazine handy all the time but just haven't had the time or the energy to sit down and create something myself. It's also been so hot, and not having central air in the house means that it has been too hot to sit in the front room for long periods of time. But that is neither here nor there at the moment - I finally made a card! :)
My plans for this card is a wedding I'll be attending in September. I bought this stamp from Rubbernecker a while ago and love the elegance of the couple. I colored it a bit with Copics, just in the hair and face. I left the dress white (it is a wedding after all) but did brush some Perfect Pearl on it. Unfortunately it doesn't show up at all in the photos, but in person its so pretty and shimmery. The cardstock is from Stampin' Up and the patterned paper is from DCWV (Lemon Flower matstack). I used a flower that I got from a flower swap last year...I've been hoarding the flowers from the swap, but this fit so perfectly that I had to use it. The frame is from Nestibilities. For the sentiment I used a bit of patterned paper from the matstack and layered a light yellow cardstock on top. I flagged the ends and stamped "Congratulations" with VersaMark before heat embossing with black powder and adhering with dimensionals. The stamp is from Hero Arts.
Inside the card I wanted something lighter than the dark gray cardstock so I pulled a piece of vellum out of my scrap stash and layered it inside. I thought white might be too stark. To hide the adhesive I cut some strips from another piece from the Lemon Flower stack and fussy cut the edges to bring out the design. It was then attached to the top and bottom of the card.
All in all I was pleased with the result. I would have liked to do something with the mat behind the couple but couldn't think of anything that was subtle enough so I left it plain beyond embossing the edges.