Monday, August 15, 2011

Friend card



I made this Friendship card thanks to the inspiration from a Splitcoast Stampers sketch challenge. When I'm in a bit of a creative funk this is my go-to place to find inspiration!

I got this sweet little girl from The Greeting Farm after eyeing in for a while. "Snuggle" reminds me of my daughter and her favorite stuffed animal, a little pink bunny she has had since she was an infant. So naturally when I sat down to color her, the bunny had to be pink! I really need to add to my Copic stock...I only have a couple of pinks so there really isn't much to see in terms of blending. Ah well. Add it to the wish list! :) The sentiment is also from The Greeting Farm, and everything is stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black ink. The set has some very cute sentiments...I can't wait to use the "I like you more than puppies" stamp in a future project!

The card stock is from Stampin Up, and the bit of patterned paper is from my overstuffed envelope of scraps. :) I think the paper is from 2006, probably bought at Joanns.

I punched the edge of the sentiment piece with a scallop punch from Stampin' Up (I really have to thank them for my obsession with punches!) and for a little added twinkle, used some tiny rhinestones along the edge.

I tried to keep this card pretty low dimensional so it could still be mailed. Pretty simple, but a soft color scheme that would be great to send to a friend for any reason (or no reason at all!)

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment